Striving to improve business outcomes while doing our part for a greener world, SYKES is committed to widespread environmental change. From raising awareness to promoting conservation and recycling initiatives, we are taking our responsibility seriously.
SYKES’ Eco-Sustainable Solutions Around the World
SYKES Costa Rica, El Salvador, Edinburgh (UK), Shanghai (China) and Cebu (Philippines) locations are all partially running on renewable energy.
Environmental Program Spotlight
SYKES Germany, Colombia, El Salvador and Romania have made strides in reducing climate change by implementing reforestation projects. In 2019, Germany planted one tree for every employee, totaling 2,000+ trees.
SYKES El Salvador — Comprometerse
Collective efforts can go a long way toward a healthier planet, as SYKES El Salvador’s social responsibility program, Comprometerse, can attest.
Our solar panel plant in El Salvador generates the equivalent amount of energy consumed by 258 houses and does the work of 700 trees a month. As a result, SYKES has reduced CO2 emissions by 200 tons per year.
SYKES’ Global Environmental Certifications:
- UK: Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) Phase 2 (2019)
- UK: Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) Phase 1 (2018)
- El Salvador/Costa Rica: ISO 50001 Energy Certification
- Galashiels/Costa Rica: ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
- Costa Rica: ISO 14064 Greenhouse Gases