SYKES ASIA, INC. (“SYKES”) is committed to complying with Republic Act No. 10173, or the Data Privacy Act of 2012. We want you to be aware of how we collect your personal and sensitive information and how we maintain, use, store and disclose your personal and sensitive information in connection with your possible or actual work placements.
You are requested to acknowledge your acceptance and understanding of this information where indicated.
Personal Information We Collect. By submitting your job application and accompanying documents with SYKES such as the Background Check and Criminal Records Verification Forms, you provide us with your personal data and state that you are interested in employment at SYKES. To process your application, we will collect, record, organize, store, update/modify, retrieve, consult, use or consolidate your personal data which may later be used for filling open positions, which can include either a single, specific opening or additional potential openings beyond the scope of your original application.
To process your job application, the following information will be requested from you:
- Full name
- Address (current and permanent)
- Foreign address during the last seven (7) years, if any
- Contact details (Cellphone number and email address)
- Civil status
- Details of dependents
- Birth date
- Scholastic background (such as highest educational attainment and school/s attended)
- Employment history, including involvement in any administrative cases
- SSS number
- Credit record
- Existence of any criminal violation and/or criminal case pending against you
Personal information may be collected as
- You complete our registration form
- Provide any other information in connection with your application
- Participate in interviews (which are conducted through phone or videoconferencing and may be recorded) and other assessments
- We receive references about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, or professional associations; or results of any competency or medical test or background checks including credit and criminal record checks
- We collect information about you from public domain sources
- You provide us with any additional information about you
Providing your personal data is voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide all information requested for your application, SYKES shall be unable to consider your application for employment.
Children. SYKES ASIA, INC. will not knowingly collect personal information from children without insisting that they seek prior parental consent. You need to be at least 18 years of age to qualify for employment at Sykes. Please do not provide your information if you are below 18.
How We Use the Information. The personal information you provide may be used in connection with any of the following:
- Our assessment of your employment prospects
- Your actual or possible work placement within our sites
- Our identification of your training needs
- Any test or assessment (including those medical in nature) that you might be required to undergo in connection with your employment application
- Criminal reference checks and other background checks, including credit checks for positions involving significant financial risk and otherwise as permitted by law
If your application is successful, your data will be used for personnel administration including the establishment of a personnel record and management purposes. Your contact information might also be used to improve your job application experience and SYKES’ HR recruitment process. For example, you might be asked to participate in surveys related to recruitment. Your participation in such surveys is completely voluntary. Your data might also be used for legal, regulatory and statistical purposes. SYKES shall take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data and prevent any unauthorized access of said data.
Information Sharing and Disclosure. Your information will be shared only within SYKES’ Human Resource community and its other business groups to determine how well your application fits the position you have applied for, or possible future postings. Additionally, your application data will be viewed together with additional information you provide SYKES during the recruitment process (e.g., interviews, assessments, references). Your personal data may also be transferred to other countries where SYKES does business or to its affiliates and parent company for employment consideration and other business purposes, or to its external service providers who support SYKES with the administration of recruitment application and verification. The personal data will be used to assess your application for employment, to verify your information and conduct reference checks and to communicate with you, or to inform you of further career opportunities.
It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 before providing their personal information to us.
Protecting Personal Information. We strive to protect personal information while it is under our control. Your account information is accessible online only through the use of a password. To help protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of, and acts on the Sites by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been compromised or misused
Correction of Personal Information, Questions. If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Data or if you wish to exercise your rights pursuant to the Data Privacy Act of 2012 to request (i) a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you; (ii) the discontinuance of the collection, processing, or use of your Personal Data; or (iii) supplementation, correction, or deletion of your Personal Data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that certain Personal Data may be exempt from such access, correction and deletion requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Additional information about SYKES’ Personal Data collection and use practices can be found at https://www.sykes.com/privacy-policy/.