When it comes to having a rewarding career while achieving a work-life balance, there’s no place like home!
SYKES Home offers exciting careers helping others through customer service. Join the team of 6,000 agents across North America who accept inbound calls routed virtually to their homes, supported by our team of leaders dedicated to helping you succeed and grow in a fulfilling career. It’s a great opportunity to those seeking flexibility – such as single parents, students, those looking for a second career or members of military families. Work at home means no commutes, working in comfy clothes, freedom to relocate without giving up your job – all while doing meaningful work.
• Paid training
• Vision, dental, and health benefits
• The opportunity to work from home while earning a consistent paycheck
• Performance incentives based on program
• Consistent schedules
• Career Advancement
• Supportive virtual environment
Nice to have (but not required):
• Customer service background
• Experience with financial services, technology companies, or something similar
This is the right job for you if you’re able to:
• Love helping people
• Want to learn new skills
• Navigate multiple screens and enter data while engaging our customers over the phone
• Enjoy working with technology or are willing to learn
• Like not having a commute or worrying about a dress code
• Need the freedom to relocate without giving up your job
• Expect more than just a job and want to grow your career
Home Office Requirements:
• Personal Windows-based computer with monitor, speakers and anti-virus software
• Subscription to high-speed, hard-wired, bi-directional Internet connection
• 2 Headsets: a USB headset for online training and a telephone headset for taking live customer calls.
• Analog landline that meets one of these requirements:
o Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) – traditional landline phone service using a dedicated copper pair to the home.
o Cable – phone service from a Cable TV service provider
o Fiber-Optic – phone line provided by a local phone service.
What to expect in the application / hiring process:
- Applying Online – Due to temporary site construction: you will want to complete the application from a desktop computer. Please click “Apply” above to join our Talent Community, then you will want to switch over to a desktop if you are currently using a mobile device.
- Assessments – The assessments are designed to understand your capabilities and skills. We use these to recommend the best possible fit for you within our clients’ business needs. What that means is that we are interested in your success right from the get-go.
- Status of Application – You may not hear back from us right away. We encourage you to be a bit patient as we seek out just the right opportunity for you. Please watch your email as this is our most common and expedient way to reach you.
- Interview – When we find a position we believe you might be interested in, we will invite you to join us on a virtual interview. Like everything else in our process, it is 100% online and over the phone. The interview consists of both individual and group discussions. Interviews will be conducted in English.
- Offer – If you are offered a position and choose to accept, you will be asked to complete the required paperwork and pre-employment checks just as you would with any other employer. Because you are working remote, it may involve a bit of extra running around.