Our Brand Partner
SYKES began supporting a leading healthcare manufacturer’s automated peritoneal–dialysis product in January of 2016, providing technical support for patients and clinicians. Since the initial launch, the number of patients using the device has grown from 33 to over 1,300. Today, 16 at-home agents and certified nurses support the brand partner’s automated system for renal therapy.
During a new product introduction, medical device manufacturers must focus on delivering a seamless patient experience while increasing service efficiency and driving down costs. To achieve a streamlined launch for this partner, SYKES optimized the operational delivery model and hired experienced healthcare professionals to increase product adoption and service reliability.
To enhance the experience and reduce costs, SYKES and the brand partner worked together maximizing resource allocation and tailoring key processes that would allow for continuous improvement. A feedback loop was implemented between the brand partner and recruitment, training, quality and account management teams — resulting in several program enhancements over the first few months.
Feedback loop enabled SYKES to:
- Create custom curriculum targeting top contact drivers, device swaps and job aides for the patient management system
- Shorten new-hire training time
- Improve speed to proficiency for each new-hire class
- Incorporate consistent one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Leverage a shared resource for quality monitoring and assurance
- Better utilize a blend of tier-one agents and LPNs to handle escalations
- Leverage nurses’ specialized skill sets to accurately code complaints and diagnose user error
With LPNs on staff, our team could proactively address concerns raised by nurses who were using the brand partner’s product for the first time. Outbound calls to clinicians struggling to troubleshoot on their own helped resolve technical issues, which effectively increased product adoption and end-user satisfaction.
Learn more about our healthcare customer service solutions.