Our Brand Partner
The brand partner, a brick-and-mortar retailer founded more than 100 years ago, saw its business recede after 2007 due to the e-commerce explosion. Annual gross revenues gradually declined in 2015. The recession intensified and mall traffic declined, forcing many of the company’s brick-and-mortar stores to close.
To adapt to the shifting retail paradigm, the client needed to transfer sales assets from a brick-and-mortar model to a virtual work-at-home model with the goal of providing a broader market of agents. This had to be accomplished in nine months.
There were several hurdles to overcome:
- Brand partner/agents were concerned about fewer face-to-face interactions
- The brand partner wanted measurements in place to ensure support was present, signed on and secure
- Some agents were reluctant to make the transition; others could not because they did not have the appropriate internet or office environment at home
- Negative feedback about the transition had to be addressed
SYKESHome is a home-based, contact-center solution delivering a comprehensive suite of distributed workforce solutions and outsourced capabilities. Solutions include customer-contact management, SaaS-based talent-management platform, cloud-based security and consulting services.
Training logistics often present a barrier to getting new employees ready to fill program slots in short order. Our virtual learning platform removes this limitation by enabling lean-in learning techniques that ensure employees acquire knowledge and achieve proficiency quickly. These tools include recorded training videos with viewing metrics and the ability to assign training to individuals.
Interviews and training sessions were conducted via Adobe Connect, which provided attendance monitoring, chat capability and breakouts for weekly one-on-ones. By leveraging our learning techniques and Adobe Connect, agents trained in smaller groups for the virtual work-at-home model.
With fewer geographical barriers, SYKES could recruit beyond city limits. Additionally, potential agents possessed a higher level of education and customer service experience. Town halls addressed any negative feedback.
- Executed and maintained our high key performance–indicators during the transition
- No additional client costs associated with the changeover
- Same high level of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI) compliance within the SYKESHome landscape
- 75 percent retainment of our team leadership staff
- Average tenure rate doubled on the account to two years
- 97 percent sustained customer satisfaction
- Agent satisfaction maintained at a robust 96–97 percent
- Company revenue soared in 2016