SYKES was recently awarded a Silver Stevie® at the 16th Annual International Business Awards for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program of the Year in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central & South America.
Our CSR initiatives are designed to enhance our employee experience and support the broader community. Here are some results from the past year of our CSR programs in Latin America:
- SYKES English Academy: 1,515 students graduated from the program adding to the 10,000 that have graduated since its launch in 2007.
- Employee Health & Wellness: We maintain on-site medical services available to all SYKES LATAM employees during work hours and logged 35,672 appointments in 2018.
- Volunteer Star: 1,828 employees contributed more than 8,000 hours to improve our communities.
- Leadership Evaluation & Advancement Program: 787 employees completed 20,968 hours of career training in 2018
- SYKES Tech Academy: 1,417 students graduated and 99 SYKES employees were promoted after completing the course.
- Interactive English: 535 employees have donated more than 5,444 volunteering hours, impacting 188 rural schools and more than 2,284 students.
- SYKES Women in Technology: Enrollment has increased from 23% to 40% in just two years.
The International Business Awards are the world’s premier business awards program. All individuals and organizations worldwide — public and private, for-profit and non-profit, large and small — are eligible to submit nominations. The 2019 IBAs received entries from organizations in 74 nations and territories.
A record total of more than 4,000 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted this year for consideration in a wide range of categories, including: Company of the Year, Marketing Campaign of the Year, Best New Product or Service of the Year, Startup of the Year, Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year, and Executive of the Year, among others.
“The IBA judges from across the world were highly impressed with the nominations they reviewed this year. With the level of achievement documented in the nominations from 74 nations, the Stevie Awards are proud to honor organizations that demonstrate a high level of achievement in a variety of industries,” said Michael Gallagher, President and Founder of the Stevie Awards. “We received more nominations than ever and look forward to honoring the Stevie winners at our gala in Vienna, Austria this October.”
Details about The International Business Awards and the Stevie Award winners list are available at www.StevieAwards.com/IBA.
About the Stevie® Awards
About the Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in seven programs: the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, the German Stevie Awards, The American Business Awards®, The International Business Awards®, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, the Stevie Awards for Great Employers, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Stevie Awards competitions receive more than 12,000 nominations each year from organizations in more than 70 nations. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at www.StevieAwards.com.